Formed over 55 million years ago, the Rocky Mountains stretch over 3,000 miles. The dramatic scenic views make the Rockies the perfect place for vacations. Here are some summer family vacation ideas for vacations in the Rocky Mountains.
Experience the Rockies with fun activities on your family summer vacation in the Rocky Mountains
- Rafting trips in Colorado down the Colorado or Poudre Rivers or Clear Creek can be whitewater; exciting and challenging, or serene on a meandering river.
- Kayaking along the run from the Estes Park kayak course is thrilling, with the course extending all the way to downtown Estes.
- The Colorado Ziplining experience for daring adventurers lets you safely fly from Pikes Peak through the air at speeds up to 55 MPH over cliffs and other intriguing terrain.
- Hot air ballooning in the Rocky Mountains is a great choice also, as you glide through the air over Colorado Springs and the majestic Front Range of the Rockies.
- Wildlife watching and scenic drives can introduce you to an amazing array of animals in the Rocky Mountains. You can see (and hear) male elks bugling to the lady elks, as they call the ladies to mating season.
The best place to stay while you vacation in the Rockies is Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Lounge at the resort’s beach by the lake, let your children enjoy the Kidz Camp and splash pad, and enjoy the resort’s many other amenities.